Tuesday, March 08, 2011

I had a dream....

I had a dream last night. It seems to be the thing now to blog one's dreams, so here goes.

I was about to go kayaking on the Thames, so no surprise so far. It wasn't the river here in London, but rather upriver where went last year, the Thames of The Wind in the Willows.

I was there with my brother and sister, and we were discussing whether to use an inflatable kayak or not - again can see where the subconscious got that from.

Then we got to the river, and we didn't face the usual tranquil water drifting by but a raging flood of angry, boiling water, like the picture above.

We looked out at the torrent and were stumped as what to do next, so I woke up.

But what does it all mean?

I'm going with it implying that  me and my siblings are feeling rather overwhelmed by the speed at which Life (with a capital 'L') is rushing us along.

4 comments:

Tillerman said...

I think you need to take a nap.

Verification word: (You're not going to like this but it's "insest". Honestly.)

O Docker said...

You may not know about my new service.

I offer professional dream interpretation for bloggers (it's 'professional' if someone is willing to pay for it, isn't it?).

There are three levels of analysis - coach, gold level, and platinum.

We charge somewhat more for dream interpretations completely free of verse and puns.

Let me know if you're interested.

Buff Staysail said...

G'day O'Docker, old sport!!

Well that sounds like a cracking idea to add to the Buff Enterprises range of services. We could add it to the Elite package!

Before we place what no doubt will be a HUGE order it would be useful to have a sample. As such it would be acceptable to include verse and puns.

How about it?

(better ignore the verification word, you know, just in case)

O Docker said...

Buff, I really can't charge for this - it's much too obvious.

What does one do when the water is too lumpy?

Of course, Buff - the pub! Had JP slept just a few minutes more, that's where his dream would have led him.

And we now see what's behind JP's interest in inflatables. He can paddle to the nearest pub, deflate and store the kayak there while he gets on with the real purpose of his outing, and then take a taxi home.