Saturday, June 02, 2012

Diamond Jubilee: Buff's in the flotilla!

G'day all! Buff Staysail here! Buff by name and Buff by nature!

Yes, you heard that right - Buff has a place in the once in a lifetime - jeez, who am I kidding - once in three hundred years event!! The 1,000 boat Queen's Diamond Jubilee Pageant on the Thames - or regatta, I'm so excited I can't work out which - will now include yours truly.

I was just doing my journo bit, pounding the towpath getting quotes from the organisers and participants when what should I hear but "Laser for Mr Tillerman? Laser for Mr Tillerman?"

As a celebrity sailor and one time attendee on the Tillerman Laser Master's Course it was clear where my duty lay.

"Here I am" I said. "I'm Tillerman."

After signing a few forms the Laser was mine and I headed out onto the Thames, ready to play my part!!

Come back tomorrow to hear how it went!

This is Buff Staysail, Queen's Diamond Jubilee pageant participant, over and out!!


ps - sorry JP, won't be able to do that live commentary. But don't worry, I've a web cam all set up

4 comments:

Tillerman said...

Nice demonstration of sailing by the lee, Buff.

Tillerman said...

PS. I did actually submit an entry to sail a Laser in this flotilla but the organizers didn't even bother to give me the courtesy of a reply.

O Docker said...

Excellent display of enterprise, Buff !

What could possibly go wrong?

Towpath Tanya said...

Things have been so busy here on the Thames, what with all of the, well, 'beefed-up' security that I haven't had time to message you, Buff, but good luck tomorrow.