Sunday, May 26, 2013

Biking to Kingston

It is well known that English Bank Holidays are traditionally wet and windy. To this day, a holiday weekend of driving rain is enough to make Tillerman all nostalgic.

But not this one.

For once the weather gods smiled on London as clouds cleared leaving a sky light blue reminding us that, yes, somewhere up there there is the sun.

So I took the opportunity to bike to Kingston and back, and jolly good fun it was too. I'd gone for a 8k run earlier so didn't over-do it and stopped at Richmond for a smoothie and on the way back an ice-lolly in Kew.

It did cross my mind that I could complete the run and cycling with a swim, but I have this feeling its not going to happen.

Far more likely is something involving a drink and the sun setting.

No comments: